Single Leg Curl on Seated Leg Curl Machine with Eccentric Overload
- (See your notes) Set the seat far enough forward so you can bend your knees as much as possible. Set the ankle pad high enough under your ankles so your knees have a tiny bend at the top when your legs are straight. Always set up the machine the same way so you can reliably track your progress.
- Keep your toes pointed towards the ceiling (called dorsiﬂexion) to let your calves help your hamstrings pull harder.
- Lean back in your seat as far as possible, but do not let your butt leave the seat.
- Pull your legs back absolutely as far as possible. Your calves should firmly press into the seat edge on every rep.
- Straighten one leg out and smoothly control the weight by slowly straightening the opposite leg.