Single Arm Lat Prayer with Eccentric Overload
- Get on your left knee in front of a high cable pulley with a handle or rope, and grab it with your left hand.
- With a nearly straight arm, lean into the weight until your shoulder is almost fully extended overhead (meaning your arm is not quite perfectly straight overhead): keep the tension on your lats, not your connective tissue.
- Reach up and grab the top of the handle with your right hand as well.
- With a (nearly) straight left arm, pull the handle with both hands to your left hip while leaning backwards and pushing your hips forward, then use only your left arm to control the weight upward. Think "Sit up to pull, lean forward to let your hand go up."
- Repeat on right knee with right arm.