Single Arm Dumbbell High Row
- Hold onto a rack/pole or lean on a bench with your free hand.
- With your elbow and shoulder way out to the side, pull your elbow up as high as possible. Don’t pull your elbow towards your body. Pull it all the way out to the side.
- Let your arm fully straighten in the bottom position and let the weight pull your shoulder blade forward, but do not let your spine round.
- Think of pulling with your elbow, not your hands. Your forearms basically just function like hooks during this exercise.
- Your torso should stay rigid during the whole set. Your back should stay flat/horizontal. You’re doing a controlled rowing motion, not starting up a lawnmower.
- Your elbow must go higher than your torso in the top position to get the full range of motion.