Seated Cable Chest Press to Bayesian Fly
- This is a combination exercise where you press the cables forward like in a chest press, then bring the cables back like a fly with your palms facing the floor.
- (See your notes) - Set the cables so they are at shoulder height when you are in the seated position.
- Set the bench at the position listed in your notes.
- Keep your torso as vertical as you can the entire time, pinching your shoulder blades together and puffing out your chest to protect your shoulders.
- With a 45-60° angle between your arms and torso (the area between the red lines in the image), press the cables forward from a maximal pec stretch all the way to complete elbow lock-out. Push your chest forward as you press away.
- Keeping your elbows nearly locked, palms facing the floor, and arms still at the 45-60° angle, bring the cables back to a full pec stretch. Your elbows should end up being slightly behind your torso.
- Keeping your palms facing the floor, smoothly bring your hands to your pecs so you can press away again.
- You've reached muscular failure in this exercise when you are no longer able to press the cables away.