Dumbbell Split Squat (Upright)
- Lay a yoga mat on the floor.
- Holding dumbbells in your hands, set your front foot's heel at the edge of the mat. Place the toes and ball of your rear foot on the opposite side of the mat (see your notes for exact distance).
- Keeping your torso and head upright, and your front shin vertical, lower your back knee to the mat and quickly rise back up.
- Your front knee and toes must remain inline (pointing the same direction).
- Your front knee must remain over your front heel. There is no need to lock out your front knee if it is uncomfortable.
- Your rear heel must remain off the floor and inline with the toes (pointing the same direction).
- Start each set with your weaker leg (see your notes). Rest, then perform the same number of reps with your stronger leg.