Dumbbell Skull Over
- With both dumbbells close to your chest, lie flat back on the bench. Scoot your head all the way to the top of the bench.
- Point your elbows to the ceiling and your thumbs to the floor, and let the dumbbells lower a little behind your head. Your biceps should now be pressing into your forearms.
- Smoothly straighten your arms so the dumbbells are overhead. You can move your elbows a bit to build the momentum to safely move the weights vertical.
- When you're done, hold on to the weights and pull your elbows back to your sides, then sit up with the weights. Do not drop the weights as that can cause neck pain.
- Don't let your elbows move too far over the top of your head; this is a triceps exercise, not a pullover.