Cable Lateral Raise between the Legs
- Set cable pulley at the lowest height. Grab the handle and step over the cable with the same side (i.e. right hand holds cable, right foot steps over cable).
- Bend over slightly and keep your chest up the whole time.
- Keeping your arm nearly straight, raise your arm to the side away from the low pulley until your elbow is at shoulder height.
- At the top of the movement your palm should be facing the floor. Neither the little finger or thumb side of your hand should be higher than the other.
- Keep your arm (nearly) straight: do not allow any bending of the elbow to occur during the exercise.
- Keep your chest up and bend over slightly forwards to protect your shoulders from impingement and maximize range of motion.
- The cable should end up horizontally in line with your shoulders, not in front of them.