Cable Empty Cup Lateral Raise
- Set cable pulley at the lowest height. Bend over slightly and keep your chest up the whole time.
- Grab the handle with an overhand grip (with the nylon strap over your fingers).
- Keeping your arm nearly straight, raise your arm to the side away from the low pulley until your elbow is at shoulder height.
- At the top of the movement the little finger side of your hand should be higher than the thumb side (i.e. a thumbs down, or "empty cup" grip).
- Keep your arm (nearly) straight: do not allow any bending of the elbow to occur during the exercise.
- Keep your chest up and bend over slightly forwards to protect your shoulders from impingement and maximize range of motion.
- The cable should end up horizontally in line with your shoulders, not in front of them.