Butterfly Lateral Raise
- This is a dumbbell lateral raise with shoulder rotation to maximize range of motion.
- Rotate your shoulders externally (i.e. rotate your thumbs up) every rep. Keep your arms straight and your chest up to protect your shoulders.
- In the bottom position your shoulders should be internally rotated (palms facing your body) and you should be bent over forwards a little.
- In the top position you should be standing up straight with externally rotated shoulders (same end position as a regular dumbbell overhead press).
- Your thumbs should be pointing towards the ceiling when they’re at around shoulder height, halfway through each rep.
- The same ends of the dumbbells/plates should be able to touch other in the bottom and the top position.